Continental NELGA Research Event – Special Call for Research Article
The GIZ-AU/Strengthening Advisory Capacities for Land Governance in Africa (SLGA) is pleased to invite researchers, scholars and authors to submit research articles on topics related issues of Land Governance as well as Gender in Africa, for presentation a Continental NELGA Research Event that will be held on the 21st & 22nd of November 2018 under the theme “Land Governance as a Driver for Sustainable Socio-economic Development” in Ethiopia.
The aim of the research event is to create a forum for strengthening research-policy linkages on land governance in Africa. Selected authors will be invited to present their articles for discussion at the conference. Furthermore, they will have an opportunity to have their articles published in a peer-reviewed international journal.
The Continental NELGA Research event will be jointly organised by the Advancing collaborative research in responsible and smart land management in and for Africa project (ADLAND), the World Bank and the GIZ-SLGA Programme.
Authors across the continental NELGA nodes/hubs are welcome to submit their research article to GIZ/AU- SLGA office in Addis Ababa and to the African Journal on Geo Spatial Science and Land Governance at the e-mail addresses provided below as per the standard and format provided here.
Women are especially encouraged to participate.
- Articles must be complete unpublished scientific researches, which are not under review in any other conference or academic journal.
- Articles will be checked by selection committee and reviewed by an international board of reviewers of the Journal on Geo Spatial Science and Land Governance. All the submitted articles are reviewed by full double – blind international refereeing process.
- Authors of accepted papers will then receive a notification of acceptance by October 30, 2018. Acceptance or rejection letters will be sent to all authors.
- Selected authors will be invited to present their papers at the continental research event to be held on 21-22 November 2018, in Ethiopia.
- GIZ-AU/SLGA will sponsor two selected articles per NELGA node to participate at the Continental research event.
- Selected articles will also be published on the African Journal of Land Policy and Geospatial Sciences and Land Governance (AJLP& GS).
- Authors of accepted papers must guarantee that they will be able to present their papers at the conference.
Research proposals are eligible for funding if they are conducted in the area of land governance or other related fields (e.g. land management or land administration, land economics, urban and regional planning, geomatics (GIS & Surveying), natural resource management.
Papers must be submitted as per the African Journal of Land Policy and Geospatial Sciences and Land Governance (AJLP& GS) guidelines, attached herewith. (maximum 1,500 words).
Language: Articles shall be in English or French.
You can submit your manuscript/paper via email to:
- Dr. Tenaw Hailu, GIZ/AU-SLGA/Senior Advisor & Research Coordinator, at email@example.com
- Professor Moha El-Ayachi, Editor-in-Chief of the African Journal of Land Policy and Geospatial Sciences, and Coordinator of the Northern Africa Node at NELGA at: NELGA IAV: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission: 30th September 2018
Notification of Acceptance: 30th October 2018
Date of Conference presentation: 21-22 November 2018
Date of Publication: December 2018
Please refer to the Author Guidelines for submission here.