Organization of masterclasses or policy workshops (closed)
What measures will be funded?
We invite NELGA partners in Southern Africa (e.g. university departments with a link to the areas of land governance, land management/administration and agriculture) to apply for funding for small measures related to the organization of masterclasses or policy workshops. This funding is part of the general open call for NELGA accompanying measures as attached.
Measures eligible for funding:
- Costs for the realization of the event;
- Travel costs for participants;
- Material expenses and printing costs;
- Media coverage.
Submitting an application
The application is to be submitted in writing by post or electronically as a PDF and must include:
- A description of the project including concrete measurable objectives;
- A schedule of all planned measures as well as a detailed budget;
- Evidence of existing/initiated contacts with partners, where applicable;
Selection of applications:
A DAAD commission will assess the funding applications. The criteria for the selection of funding applications are as follows:
- A complete application;
- Inclusion of specific, measurable objectives which are directly related to the program objectives;
- Convincing description of plans for networking and network expansion;
- Description of sustainability and consolidation of measures.
The following aspects are relevant for the selection of proposals for the organization of policy dialogue fora:
- Strong focus on land governance and land policy reform;
- Multi-stakeholder approach including e.g. participants from national and sub-national government, academia, civil society and private-sector;
- Inclusion of female participants and experts and inclusion of gender-related topics in the discussions;
- Strategy for media coverage and dissemination of results;
- Inclusion of additional sources of funding (esp. for measures with a budget of more than 10.000 USD);
Joint applications of two or more NELGA partner institutions.
Applications for the NELGA-DAAD accompanying measures may be submitted throughout the year. For this specialized call for funding for curriculum development and review we invite you to apply before the 30th of April 2018.
For more information, please click here.